Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Tutorial Tuesday: Chevron and glimmer and watercolors, oh my!

This week at Photo Continental, we have a big sale on our paper punches! This includes our Punch Bunch, Martha Stewart, Sullivans and EK Success ranges. To celebrate this one week only sale, here is a simple embellishment tutorial using my favorite punch, the Super Giant Chevron


When I'm crafting, I love adding an element of watercolor. It's one of my favorite looks, and very on-trend this summer. To create these embellishments for my page, I was inspired by these DIY watercolor doilies by readysetLove. 



For this tutorial I used:
  • Creative Imaginations watercolor and glimmer daubers (available instore)
  • Chevron Super Giant Chevron punch
  • Magnum Power Punch Aid
  • White cardstock
  • Scrapbooking paper


Start with a blank piece of white cardstock. After thoroughly shaking the daubers, begin dabbing the first color on the white cardstock (I used the colour passionfruit). Be as messy as you'd like with the daubers!


Repeat with the second and third colored daubers (I used guatamalan and yellow rose), overlapping the colors and adding splashes as you go until the entire piece of cardstock is finished.


Sometimes the Super Giant punches can be tricky to punch by hand, especially if you don't have a lot of upper body strength like me! To help with your punching, use a Magnum Power Punch Aid - a punch arm that helps you to position and punch cardstock easily.


Continue punching out the chevron shapes until you have the desired number to create your design. 



Attach your shapes to your scrapbooking page (I used BoBunny Double Dot in Chocolate Vintage). Align the sides of the shape together to create a continuous Chevron Stripe, or zigzag.

And that's it! I plan on completing the page soon using some photos with my friends, and will post the finished page soon.

For now, enjoy the sale on punches!

- Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment