Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Accidents

If you have ever taken one of my daily scrapbook classes, or have seen my work around the shop then you will know that I don't like messy elements in my scrapbooks. I'm a big fan of clean lines, bright colors and lots of space on the page. Sometimes I will dabble with grunge in my pages, but I almost always come back!

Today I was preparing a page for our Daily Scrap Class, which we are starting up again in February. I was using Glimmer Mists, one of my favorite ways to add color to a page (I love a little bit of sparkle!). I was dripping the mist down the page to create a watercolor effect. I had left the lid off a couple of mists while chatting to a customer, when...


I spilled mist on the page! And not just any mist, a browny yellow one that I had decided against using. It looked like someone had spilled their (glittery) tea on my pretty page!  In scrapbooking, it's so easy to make a mistake. Even the most meticulously-planned pages can turn out "wrong". Ideas that come together in my head can often be hard to translate onto paper.

At times like these, I've got to have a good sense of humour and remember that these pages are meant to look handmade. Little errors often give pages a little bit of added charm, and bigger errors ... well, they build character.

So here's to a New Year filled with charming little accidents. Hopefully this will be the year I remember to keep all uncovered liquids away from my layouts.

- Heather

1 comment:

  1. Here's to keeping all uncovered liquids away from our projects!

    ReplyDelete