Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Instant Photo Frenzy

I've been loving the instant photo / Polaroid trend in scrapbooking layouts lately. They give a little touch of whimsy and nostalgia to layouts, as well as the ability to include lots of smaller photos. I was playing around with the Jillibean Soup Smile Frames, which look like a Polaroid frame to create two very different layouts.

For my first layout, I was inspired by this page by Paige Evans that included grid-based watercoloured diecuts, journalling and matching embellishments to the diecuts by colour. I liked the idea that I could use a number of smaller photos, and found a number of photos from 2013 featuring my friends.


To make this layout, I watercolored the white Smile Frames using Faber Castell Gelatos, mixing them on my craft mat and then painting using a waterbrush. I used a lot of water to get a nice, thin wash over each square.


I distressed the edges of a handmade paper and layered it over a pink patterned piece of scrapbooking paper. I cropped pictures to fit in the frames, and adhered them to the back using double sided tape. The last frame was reserved for journalling on a piece of plain card. I then embellished each square with Prima flowers, Papermania embellishments, matching them to the colour of each frame.

For my second layout, I wanted to experiment with our new Prima wire thread. I wanted to make a personalised title that made an impact, so I decided to try out the lime green coloured thread and twist it into the word love. It was amazingly pliable, and I was pleased that the finished result actually looked like my handwriting!


This layout was quite simple, but the green elements in the page made a huge contrast against the black and the Kraft Smile Frames. I spritzed some white Dylusions spray behind the place where I wanted to place the frames before sticking them down, and then scattered the rest of the page with more Papermania embellishments and wood chips.


I wrapped the tail end of my word around a Papermania wooden bobbin... and I was done!

These pages were so fun to create, so I decided to buy the Couture Creations Polaroid frame die so that I could make my own instant photo frames out of different scrapbook papers.

Happy crafting!

- Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment